Calumet maps page
Here are links to portions of several relevant maps of parts of the Calumet Region. In particular, they are meant to answer someone's question of how Wolf & George lakes relate (specifically were the two lakes originally linked?)
This page is at http://calpartner.tripod.com/index.html.
- northeastern Illinois, 1855
- southeastern Cook County, 1804
- Calumet Region, 1803
- Lake Calumet, 1889
Lake Cal, 1889 vs. 1927 vs. 1977
- Thornton Twp., 1889
- Lake County, 1897
- Calumet Region, 1930s
The following dozen maps are all linked from one to another. You can hop through them all without having to return here between them. Simply click on the image to see the next one.
- original 1835 survey of Wolf Lake
- 1875 resurvey of Wolf Lake
- original 1836 survey of Lake George
- 1875 resurvey of Lake George
- 1838 Lake County
- 1840 Lake County
- 1871 Lake County
- 1875 Lake County
- 1876 Lake County
- 1890 Lake County
- far northwestern Lake County, 1975
- farther east Lake County, 1975
- Cline Extension
Updated 30th May, 2006. On the Web since 12 October, 1999.
Posted for the Calumet Heritage Partnership. Photo album from the first Calumet Heritage Conference bus tour.